Sunday, June 10, 2012

All About My Hair

I decided to do a blog about my hair because people are always interested in my hair. This is sort of a sensitive subject for me so I decided to share. You'll see why! 

To begin with I've been getting hair extensions for about 6 months now. I never used to wear extensions in America because I absolutely have to wash my hair once every 2 days or I will have really oily hair/face. The Japanese method just attaches small pieces to your own hair using no heat or glue. So its really just length added to your own hair. Very easy to manage and can last up to 3 months but I get new extensions every month.
I used to have very long and beautiful hair in America. Photos circa 2008-2009
Then I moved to Japan August 2009. That first week I colored and cut my hair and wore my natural waves/curls. Which I hate having until I look back on pictures like I am right now.
But I wanted to go blonde and have a shorter, more manageable length and texture. My Japanese straight perm addiction began.
 Then I started going blonder and shorter.
I moved to a new city in Japan October 2010 and wanted a retouch and add more highlights. I just went to the nearest hair salon and this happened!!!!! A girl's worst nightmare!!!!
The stylist, while trying to mix blonde, managed to turn my hair purple and then green. Until finally the salon's owner corrected the coloring was able to make my hair black. I cried as soon as I saw the green and for days after. After my hair was black inside the salon I began to touch my hair and it started falling out! I had no choice but to have it cut off. The salon felt so sorry and I felt awful too for not being able to hold back my tears. I probably permanently damaged that stylist's confidence. I kept saying "It's ok it's just hair" (with tears in my eyes).

Now, FINALLY, my hair is getting some length back so this is the last time that I'm going to get extensions. That and because my boyfriend wants me to wear my hair natural. Moral of the story: DON'T JUST BLINDLY TRUST ANY HAIR STYLIST! Hair coloring is an ART! But I don't seem to learn lessons the hard way because all I want these days is for my hair to look exactly like this:
Or a bit lighter = )

14 comments:

Mrs. C.J. Shealy said...

I love how flawlessly you went from style to style & even incorporating color! You've inspired me! :)

Lilli said...

you have such beautiful hair dear! xoxo

Anna said...

wow :D so many changes :)
but you look gorgeous anyway.
kisses<3

oldkicz said...

fantastic!

Dwita Kusnadi said...

I love your hair!I am following you now.
Hope you wanna following me :)
Xoxo, kisses

rooth said...

Aww, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous now. My hair right now is probably your 2008 - 2009 length. Super long. I need to figure out what to do with it!

Cassidy Lee said...

Your hair looks very pretty now! I definitely agree with you, though, I would have been scarred for life if that happened to me!

xx Macie said...

You look unfairly cute in all of the different styles. (Except maybe the purple accident, omg, I'm so sorry about that. That sounds like a nightmare.)

amen fashion xo.

Allison said...

Your hair is very lovely! you are so pretty!!!
And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?
:)
Allison
afashionfiles.blogspot.com

Diana Marks said...

cool blog! amazing hair ;)

Check out my blog and if you like, follow me on GFC and Bloglovin. I will follow you back with pleasure, just leave a link in the comments.

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Audrey Allure said...

You have such gorgeous hair!

A Mode World said...

Thanks for sharing. Your hair is beautiful. The extensions look so natural. xA

Jacy said...

Love Lily Aldridge's hair! She pulls off the ombre look perfectly!

~Jacy

http://laviedelenore.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

omg you poor thing!! that's a terrible experience.. but if ever that happens again (which i'm sure won't!) use an ovation hair cell therapy conditioner. it worked wonders my hair and it increased the growth, NO LIE! check it out :]

http://ovationhair.com/


http://stephaniesurtida.com

Xx,
SS